Regional Bylaw Information
Be aware navigation and safety rules can vary from region to region, in the form of regional bylaws.
WSNZ recommends that if you're new to boating or planning on visiting an area you are unfamiliar with, that you take the time to make yourself acquainted with the rules relevant to that region.
Check with the area you are boating in to determine the specific bylaws.
- Auckland Council
- Bay of Plenty Regional Council
- Gisborne District Council
- Hawkes Bay Regional Council
- Manawatu-Wanganui Regional Council
- Northland Regional Council
- Taranaki Regional Council
- Waikato Regional Council
- Greater Wellington Regional Council
- Environment Canterbury Regional Council
- Central Otago District Council
- Grey District Council
- Marlborough District Council
- Nelson City Council
- Otago Regional Council
- Queenstown Lakes District Council
- Southland Regional Council
- Tasman District Council
- The West Coast Regional Council